The Queen's Beasts 2017 – The Red Dragon - 1 oz Gold Bullion Coin
Country: UK, Mint: British Royal Mint, Diameter: 32.69 mm, Weight: 31.10g, Purity: 0.9999% Au Fine Gold (24 karat)
- Struck to bullion standard
- 1 oz of 999.9 fine gold (24 carat)
- The third in a series of ten designs that will celebrate each of The Queen’s Beasts
- VAT free for non VAT registered private individuals
- Exempt from capital gains tax for UK residents
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
- Also available in a 10 coin tube
The latest addition to the English Queen’s Beasts bullion range takes its inspiration from centuries of royal heraldry. The background for this range comes from the coronation of Her Majesty The Queen, where ten heraldic beasts stood guard, The Queen’s Beasts, sculpted by James Woodford RA for the coronation ceremony.
The coins each depict one of The Queen’s Beasts, reimagined by Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark. Jody also created the most recent definitive coinage portrait of Her Majesty to appear on United Kingdom coins. The Celtic dragon represents sovereignty and power. The Welsh dragon was used in the Royal Arms in the sixteenth century and the Red Dragon of Cadwallader is the emblem of Wales. This is the third in a series of ten designs that will celebrate each of The Queen’s Beasts.The reverse of all Chinese Silver Panda coins includes the outer façade of the Temple of Heaven, a place of worship and communal gathering in south-central Beijing since the 15th century. Engravings on this face include the year of issue and nation of issue.
Enhance your existing collection with this highly sought after coin.