- Contains 100 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- These bars are poured, rather than struck.
- Front: Stamped with Asahi Refining SLC mark along with the purity and weight.
- Back: Smooth surface, intentionally left blank.
- Guaranteed by the newly formed Asahi Refining.
Asahi Refining took over Johnson Matthey in December 2014 and started using the old Johnson Matthey refineries in Salt Lake City, Utah and Brampton, Canada in March 2015. These refineries are creating new bars with the same classic Johnson Matthey look and purity struck with an Asahi Refining logo, making them highly desired by investors and treasured for any Silver collection.
Asahi Assayers and Refiners own and operate an IRA approved mint (ISO9001) that was founded in 1952 in Tokyo, Japan. The company was originally known for specializing is Precious Metals recycling. Despite Asahi Holdings being a recent purchaser of Johnson Matthey refining, the select craftsmanship and high standards for which JM was known have been upheld.