1 Oz Argor-Heraeus Gold Kinebar 999.9%
Country: Switzerland, Mint: Argor-Heraeus Refinery, Length: 40.4 mm, Weight: 50 g, Purity: 0.9999% Au Fine Gold (24 karat)
- Contains 1 troy ounce of .9999 Fine Gold.
- Individual bars are presented in tamper-evident packaging.
- Obverse: Depicts the Argor-Heraeus stamp with the weight and purity of the bar.
- Reverse: Features a colorful Kinegram optical security design which is based on light diffraction. This design also contains the letters AH and the refinery name Argor-Heraeus.
- The accompanying assay card lists the weight and authentication of the bar by the assayer.
These particular 1 oz Argor-Heraeus Gold Bars feature unique Kinebar technology. Introduced by Argor-Heraeus in 1993, Kinebar technology applies a hologram known as kinegram to the surface of the bar. This diffractive optical illusion is embossed in the gold substrate of the reverse field of the bar. Each one of these bars is produced as a minted ingot. A minted ingot has more refined, sharp edges with detailed design elements.
The 1 oz minted kinebar from Argor-Heraeus is a 99.99% purity gold bar with a high-lustre finish and rounded edges. Argor-Heraeus is one of the premier gold refineries in the world and is now fully-owned by German precious metals refinery Heraeus.
The front surface is imprinted with the Argor-Heraeus refinery stamp of the letters 'AH' encircled by the words 'ARGOR HERAEUS SA', The front face also records the refinery location 'Switzerland' and the bar's weight and fine gold content, '1 Ounce Fine Gold 999.9'.
Each bar also has a unique serial number inscribed on the front surface.
The Argor-Heraeus gold refinery is located in the Swiss Canton of Ticino, close to the Italian border. Ticino is sometimes referred to as the 'Golden Triangle' of Swiss gold refining, since in addition to Argor-Heraeus, it is also home to two other major gold refineries, PAMP, and Valcambi.