1 Oz Canadian Maple Leaf 99.99% Fine Silver Coin 2023
GST - Exempt, zero-rated for GST purposes in Singapore
Country: Canada, Mint: Royal Canadian Mint, Diameter: 38 mm, Thickness: 3.29 mm, Weight: 31.103g, Purity: 999.9% Ag Fine Silver
Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins are some of the world’s most recognized Silver bullion coins. The official Silver bullion coin of Canada, this beautiful .9999 fine Silver coin has become one of the most popular Silver coins sought after by investors and collectors worldwide. Maple Leafs are magnificently designed, with attention to every intricate detail.
- Contains 1 Oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Multiples of 25 are packaged in mint tubes. All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Radial line background was precisely machined by the Royal Canadian Mint to create a unique light diffracting pattern, providing another measure of security.
- Obverse: The effigy of Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt. The obverse also bears a special marking that includes four pearls symbolizing the four effigies that have graced Canadian coins and the double date of her reign.
- Reverse: Features a textured maple leaf, micro-engraved with laser technology on a small area of the reverse side of the coin. In the centre of this mark, visible under magnification, is the numeral "23" denoting the coin’s year of issue.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
The radial lines on 2023 Silver Maple Leaf bullion coins are machined precisely to within microns on the master tooling for maximum reproducibility from die to die and coin to coin. The line width and pitch give Silver Maple Leaf coins a characteristic look and create a distinctive, light-diffracting pattern that is specific to this coin.
After years of intensive research and development, the Royal Canadian Mint developed MINTSHIELD™, a unique manufacturing process breakthrough that reduces the appearance of white spots on Silver Maple Leaf bullion coins. Invisible to the eye and having no effect on the coins’ purity or composition, MINTSHIELD™ reduces the appearance of white spots for years.
BULLION DNA™ Anti-Counterfeiting Technology is an industry first that goes above and beyond other approaches to coin authentication. Every die used to produce SML coins is laser micro-engraved with an anti-counterfeiting security mark. Our registration process—digital non-destructive activation (DNA) technology—captures images encrypted with an algorithm signature and then stores these in our secure database. This proprietary Bullion DNA™ technology facilitates the authentication of Silver Maple Leaf coins dated 2015 and later.
Since first being minted by the Royal Canadian Mint in 1988, the design of the Silver Maple Leaf has undergone annual changes that include proof releases, various privy marks, holographic enhancements, and commemorative variations. However, the basic features of the Silver coin have remained the same since its inception. The obverse of the coin depicts the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II, and the reverse of the coin showcases the signature Maple Leaf so closely associated with Canadian nationalism and reflective of Canadian pride. Minted in .9999 fine Silver, Canadian Silver Maple Leafs are among the purest of all Silver dollar-size coins.