Gold UK QE2 Decimal Sovereign | Years 1974 to 2016
Country: UK, Mint: British Royal Mint, Diameter: 22.05 mm, Weight: 7.988 g, Purity: 0.9167% Au Fine Gold
Indigo is proud to offer new low pricing on a selection of Sovereign coins between Years 1974 – 2016, excluding the years 2002, 2005 & 2012.
They are our choice of year and all in good condition. In order to offer the very best pricing these sovereigns will be our choice of coins based on stock availability.
- Struck in 22 carat gold
- UK legal tender
- Minted to bullion standard
- The obverse bears the definitive fifth coinage portrait of Her Majesty The Queen
- Features a distinctive 200th anniversary privy mark
- VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt
- UK Government assurance of weight and purity
The Sovereign is the flagship coin of The Royal Mint and one of the most tightly specified coin in the world. The weight and quality of its 22 carat gold is verified at the Trial of the Pyx, an exacting independent trial dating back to at least 1282, and is guaranteed to five decimal places by the 1971 Coinage Act. Under current legislation this coin is CGT exempt within the UK.